Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Online Favorites

With the amount of time I spent with Hugh on my lap, it's a miracle I haven't developed radioactive related diseases. I estimate I spend an average of 6 hours every day during the week and 9 hours per day during the weekends. 13, If I'm not shopping or it's a paticularly boring weekend.

With all that time spent online, I've racked up a long list of favorite websites that I frequent everyday without fail.

Pink Is The New Blog - a gossip website run by Trent, a dude who has an affinity for hot pink stars, hot pink fonts, hot pink everything!

The Superficial - not very regularly updated, but the author has the most absurd comments.

Perez Hilton - I have to be honest, I'm not very fond of his style of criticizing the celebs. I feel he's a bit harsh and overly mean without much reason, overly-dramatic, hypocritical, and too much of a wannabe. Plus, his drawings (if you can call it that) are extremely crude. That said, his site is the most up to date one. Which is the only reason why I visit his site regularly.

Snippets of Life - I do not like kids. No, don't give me that look. I do not like kids. But Karen Cheng's kids are so cute and adorable and they DON'T WHACK ME WITH BALLOONS! She's a mom in Aussie and this site is like a mini journal of her kids growing up with happenings in her community on the side. A lovely side read. Like a nice salad.

PostSecret - PostSecret was featured on a music video before, I just can't remember which. It was some emo rock band video, but they had people hold up postcards of their secrets. PostSecret is like the emo site for non-emo people. Inspiring, Heart-breaking, Thought-provoking and random; PostSecret is my Sunday weekly fix. Sometimes more when I need to read something emo.

Silverfish stories - Some people will have heard of Silverfish books, the bookstore that stores an eclectic choice of books in Bangsar. They're like this independent movement that pioneers for the reading and writing culture in Malaysia. I like to read their writer's section, because the short stories show a real honest reflection of Malaysian culture with usually good plots.

Kaypopotamus - A site manned by Jenhan, a senior in my college, . The posts are usually accompanied by mind-blowing shots of everyday life. Jenhan may never know it, but I have to credit this site and the author for being one of the main reasons that led me to my passion for photography. If ever I had to recommend a blog to read for comedy, and that is thought provoking, well written and entertaining, as well as brilliant to look at, it would be this. Hands down. He's quite the accomplished comedian now, I would say, and I think he'll be HUGE ten years down the line. Maybe even sooner. Okay enough sucking up wtf.

Louis Pang - Wedding Photographer - Er. Yeah. Really la, I read this regularly even though I'm not bloody planning weddings. His photos are different la. You know when you see your auntie's cousin's daughter's brother in law punya wedding photo???? Yeah. So poser right. Not natural, hardly memorable, no moments captured.All the photos usually look like poser shots of a Bollywood scene. I think that's a big mistake many people are becoming more aware of, thank God, since more young people are getting married, and they know more of what counts during the wedding. People like Kid Chan, Louis Pang, Alvin Leong are the new IT wedding photographers, man.

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Hehe. Geek Comic!!! But it's cute la...It's like teh l33t of Simpsons.

Waiter Rant - Rantings and anecdotes of a waiter regarding his career, life, and mishaps that happen in the workplace. Makes for an entertaining read. Ever since reading this, I would like to think I've become nicer to those in the restaurant business :D


1 comment:

Jay's Brick Blog said...

The video is All American Reject's Dirty Little Secret ;)