Saturday, January 21, 2006

Orientation Night

Orientation Night

theme: Xtreme Colours
date: 20th jan
time: 7 pm

After coming back from watching Geisha, I was kinda tired to the point of considering not going at all to OR night. The main reason i was going for the food *oink oink*, but i was already stuffed from popcorn because i usually share half my popcorn with friends, but this time I was forced to finish my whole box of popcorn, because Jay negelcted to tell me that he hates popcorn. (who hates popcorn?!)

But anyway, since daddy was already on his way back to fetch me, i thought "what the hell, go only la." So i got all dolled up, fretting over whether or not i was underdressed or overdressed.

When i get there, I'm pretty disappointed to find people wearing jeans. (and i borrowed Fran's skirt for this??!!) But i meet up with Lydia and Nimi, and we hang outside the mamak. At first, the event is pretty draggy, but as soon as they serve the food, things start picking up.

They had lucky draws, and my number got called out. (!) The emcee (whose name if i remember correctly is Reagan) announced "1.....0.......THREE!"

me: *screams* "omigod omigod omigod"

i was excited cause they had spas and digi cams as prizes, but...

I won an OP shirt.. It's bloody huge la, so i wore it to sleep. I hate the colour, but it's comfy...

Possibly my favourite part of the whole night was the announcement of Best dressed girl and guy. They made the winners do something to earn their prize, which was to dance. Now the girl had to dance to "my humps" (duh), but the guy...woo!! The DJ told him to 'express' himself through the song.

The DJ played that song by (I don't know who, so i'm just taking the first result off google, which is) Right Said Fred..

you know that song.. it goes something like..

I'm too sexy for my love too sexy for my love
Love's going to leave me
I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirtSo sexy it hurts
And I'm too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan
New York and Japan

Yeah, Baby! take it all off....

and yes, he did take off his coat and singlet..all hail hairless apes.

And after dancing to a great selection of clubbing type music, i am pooped, so i decide to start taking shots.

Dip. Mass Comm! L-R: Me, Lydia, Jay, Donovan, Nimi, and.. er...sorry..I don't know her name..YET!


Why my class makes me laugh: that's Beh in the red shirt.

okay, i know ALL of them: L-R : Jay, Chandi, Beh, Nimi (next to me), Donovan(white shirt), and Thomas. If you don't know who i am, you shouldn't be reading this.

over and out

yuen

No comments: