Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Counting my blessings

There are times in life when things in life are rudely put in perspective. In this case it happened indirectly. When someone you know gets put on the brink of mortality, it kind of shocks your world and makes everything stop for a while. Kind of like the Matrix special effects with the bullets. And when everything starts running again, you feel damn scared and worried and most of all suddenly small. Insignificant small. because nothing you own suddenly seems important anymore, and anything you have, you are immensely grateful for.

Not to say that i am not grateful for the things I have. I will be the first to admit that I am quite spoilt when it comes to material things. I don't always get the things I want, but I am realistic enough to know that not everybody has what I have. God, that sounds so conceited. But sometimes I am not grateful enough. So I will do this once. because habits are hard to change. but we must start somewhere yeah?

I am grateful for

1. all my limbs and the fact that i can read and write.
2. all my dear dear friends, from new college friends to old kindergarten friends whom i never kept in touch with and whose names i still dont know.
3. baby # 1 - the organizer. my daddy's gift to me for becoming a BOD in an attempt to get me organized.
4. baby # 2 - suxi, the camera. mommy's gift. simply because i pestered her to upgrade plus all my salesperson speak.
5. baby #3 - my zen. initially not planned. i just wanted a chapalang MP3 player that could store my school files. so my mom said just buy nice one for songs and thumbdrive. uh..OKAY!
6. baby #4 - hugh, my one true love. i give him a good night kiss every night.
7. my family and the fact that we are emotionally repressed. we are quite screwed up, and i like it that way.
8. the fact that so many people care enough about me to talk to me online and organize great parties and remember to invite me.
9. the fact that daddy has a warped sense of humour. he's spoilt so many guys for me because they all don't have that geeky sense of humour i'm used to.
10. the ugly duckling stage i (and presumably everybody) went through because i never have to go that low ever again.
11. Interact. that turning point in school which made me into the person i am today, with the many friends i have
12. long eyelashes, sparse though they may be
13. straight teeth.
14. a nice house
15. Luke
16. a pretty happy disposition
17. the freedom to do what i want, go where i want, say what i want to whom i want, wearing the clothes i want.
18. the rationality to stop myself from doing the things that i want, going where i want , saying what i want to the people i want. i still wear whatever i want.
19. i forgot another baby - my nokia 6111 :D
20. a sister who buys me nice stuff and to go shopping with
21. not being 100% lala
22. education
23. having enough money to spend
24. friends who love me
25. being a bookworm

No comments: