Friday, May 12, 2006

*moan*

Okay, i originally intended to blog about the day after Grace's birthday, aka the beach party orientation, but now that i'm actually here, i have no more enery to patiently upload the photos. So that's for another day. why am i so lethargic? ahhhhh the eternal mystery. Could it be exams? or perhaps the timing. or surprise, surprise, the fact that i sound like a frog and stalled motor and continually have a piece of tissue attached to my nose? bugger..

Being sick with a flu or cough usually doesnt really bother me that much, because i am still able to do important things like take exams, go to school, play pool, etc.. But having the hacking cough is a bit the worrying la! I had a hacking cough like.. what, two years ago? It was the type of cough where you could hear the phlegm lodged in the throat and basically you sounded like a freaking stalled engine. Coughs are like psshhh, whatever la, just let that tickle in the throat run its course.

Except at that time, it didn't run a course. It ran a month-long marathon. I couldn't sleep lying down (because tak bleh breathe), so i had 3 pillows piled up under my head, and i would end up waking up with a sore back. I also found myself waking up in the middle of the night, running to the bathroom to cough up the chunkload of stuff that lodged itself in my throat, and struggling to breathe because i was heaving up, and quite literally couldn't come up for air. Mom freaked out a bit because she was worried that i was getting asthma. After 3 modern medicine docs, my parents had to take the day off to take me downtown to see the Chinese tabib. She made me drink that horrid black stuff AGAIN. i swear, it was the same medicine that she gave me back in form 3.. And mind you, that was for all the vomiting.. vomiting..coughing.. very different sicknesses you know..

yes yes, but hopefully this time, with strepsils, woods, watermelon frost lozenges, pei pa ko, lots and lots of tissue, water and sufficient rest after the exams, i'll be able to avoid going through that again. no more black bitter puke inducing stuff...eeewww

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

say what you want, that tabib is damn 'leng' la. As in powerful. She cured me leh! Or maybe my body just reacted to that yucky stuff.