Sunday, July 17, 2005

the ending

yesterday was the 38th annual interact installation, in which my juniors stepped up, and my old board stepped down.

i went to school at around 1145 and helped them get ready, after handing my screwed up presentation to judith to edit. it turns out that windows movie maker does not save your photos and clips, so in order to view the movie you've made, the computer you view it on has to have the photos in it. sheesh.

so i went around kepoh-ing where i could. krys left school without me, so i couldn't curl my hair like i wanted, so i had to make do with my normal straight hair. we panicked when we couldn't get judith's powerpoint to get through the lcd, so ten minutes before we started, we decided to cancel the presentation. and i worked so hard on my first video!

so about fourty five minutes before we were scheduled to start, i went and changed into my board uniform for the *sob* last final *wail* time!

there were no hooks whatsoever in the backstage bathroom, so i had to keep opening the door after i changed into each item of clothing and handing it to anaz, who was helping me change. after that, i grabbed my make up pouch, and headed towards the teacher's bathroom, with anaz tagging after me, still holding all my things like a P.A.

after that, the guests started coming in, and even though i was supposed to be stepping down, mdm shanthy saw me and made me take care of the registration money. so i naturally did the right thing. i gave it to zalifah, the new head prefect, to keep for me. it's good practice for her.

i've been staying back to provide support and also because they were complaining a lot about getting no help. so i've been at least somewhat involved, if not very helpful. so i naturally felt panicky for them when shanthy started shouting and making sour faces. it didnt' help that some guest weren't in proper attire. i saw this fella, akbar, i think his name was, in casual clothes. mdm shanthy probably knew him quite well, becuase she suddenly turned very PR and told him in a friendly way that he should understand but he could come back for tea. hah!

the installation went well, with the handing over ceremony the most nerve wrecking for me. i was on the verge of hyperventilating for some reason, most probably because i was essentially resposible for anything to do with the seniors, and they were annoying the heck out of me by taking ten years of my life span. i had a nightmare the night before the installation where i dreamt that during the ceremony, when hte emcee would announce "Int. Chan Yuen Yee, ougoing Club service director" the whole hall would fall silent and just stare at me.

thank god that didn't happen

in fact people actually cheered for me. well, at least the interactors did. okay okay, the juniors!! so i was totally emotionally balanced until sumithra mouthed at me "the last minute" refering of course, to my last minute as club director. then it was my turn to pin the badge on su rynn, my sucessor. i actually started tearing. damn it! thankfully, the pictures which zalifah took don't show.

i got a lovely large bouquet of flowers and lollipops. i even got a compliment from a guy saying my bouquet was damn cool. hah! unfortunately, i forgot to take out the leftovers of my name cards, so i didn't hand them out, so i think i'll just give it to my juniors, who apparently have a hobby of collecting name cards even though they already know all the details on it. how odd.

after that, i stayed back to hand out my orange sherbet sweets which i bought as a congratulations gift for the incoming/ newbies.after dropping su rynn of at her house, i went home to prepare for the board dinner at california pizza kitchen at klcc, where it is tradition for the new board to treat the old board to dinner.

i picked up su rynn and sumithra at about seven, and we all squashed in the back seat with my mom, me and my sis. we arrived early and because su rynn hadn't had a proper meal for the whole day, we went to dunkin donuts and had two donuts each per person. i had a strawberry frost *yum* and a vanilla (sugary goodness), while smiley su had a happy. sumi had her usual dose/fix of chocolate.

we then headed off to cpk, and got the private room. i totally felt like a celebrity walking to the private room, with the rest of the people at the restaurant just looking and turning to see who the big group of gorgeous gals were! haha! then we took loads of photos, and chatted till klcc started to close. we ordered desert, and my table shared it. it was oozing vanilla and chocolate goodness!! unfortunately, i dripped caramel fudge chocolate onto my brand new topshop halter top, so in order to stop embarssing myself and dirtying it any further, i took one of the serivettes and tucked it into my top. sort of like a bib. sumithra found it very funny for some reason......

then we went home and i changed, and after my sister switched off the lights, and i was staring at the picture of the whole group of us, old board and new board, it really hit me then.

it was the last day i was ever the Club service director. i was no longer an interactor. and as i looked at all the faces i have come to know well through out my time proudly sporting the interact logo, i couldn't help but remember a comment made earlier by mdm shanthy, the teacher advisor of interact.
as she was walking towards her car, Shanthy saw me and remarked, "this girl ah, can never leave interact!"

and you know what?

i couldn't agree more.


yuen

TO SEE INSTALL PICS, GO TO http://photobucket.com/albums/b102/yuenyee16/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

daym....your entry was quite erm....emo.....but it was posted on a very very good day! =)