Saturday, July 02, 2005

Interact

I had a total mental double take when i discovered that i haven't written about the thing i LOVE most. INTERACT. oh, come on! you knew it was only a matter of time before i started on AGAIN about it. ho ho ho!

For the uninitiated or simply those who i have not preached to yet, Interact is a service club that.. well, serves the school and community while having loads of fun! seriously, Interact has been the most major part of senior school life. American schools have cheerleading as the most popular club. We have clubs that serve the community and school. sucks to them. haha!!

I joined Interact in form three. that would make me an Interactor for two and a half years. never have i wished for more school time just so i could stay on. I don't think i've ever been more dedicated to anything else in my whole life. i actually feel a tugging at my heart strings as i am writing this now.

words cannot describe the elation i felt when i was elected; nor can it describe the total feeling of insecurities and bitterness i felt when i found out my own members were calling me bi*** behind my back. oh wait, words just described it.

it's been a wonderful year, and i would not change a single bit of it, not even the few embarassing moments like the time i tripped while going onstage, and when i messed up the Interact song on Installation day, or when my flower bud fell off and rolled around on stage. Yep. Wouldn't change a thing.

Interact has changed me in so many ways, i do not even know where to begin. For starters, you only have to look and compare my form three class picture and my current photos. Thank God for contacts. I was/am a total geek, but at least i embrace it now because i look *better* if not nice.

It's going to be so sad on my stepping down day, ( i still don't know what to call it. de-install?? ) i just know i'm going to cry.i already did for our last General Meeting, (although i still maintain it wasn't exactly crying, it was more like.. leaking.)so why not my de-install day? It's going to be another super emo-day for me, seeing all those juniors that i've come to see as my own personal slaves. joking joking! haha, really, i've gotten quite close to some of my juniors, and i'm really going to miss them all. *sniff sniff*

i'm going to miss everything, from morning meetings with Shanthy, chatting with the juniors ( and bullying them.. but i can't now, cause they're already freshies. humph ), to putting up notices on the board.

oh well. there's always rotaract!

Viva la Interact,

yuen

'do all the good you can,
whenever you can
whereever you are
no matter who you are'

me!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i dont know what to say.. you kinda forced me into doing this but well, im kinda enjoying writing this anyway.. i think. anyway, i will be there for your de-install or whatever okay? just tell me when.. haha. you do have my number now.. its about time you make good use of it! :)

Lynnylchan said...

Uninstallation. Like when we uninstall stuff on the computer. You are an unwanted application file. Hahaha.