Thursday, February 09, 2006

Random!

This is a first. Blogging twice in one day. hah!

Okay, so it's suprising what you learn about yourself through the eyes of others.

So we're sitting at mamak, and suddenly Chandni says something totally out-of-the-blue random statement at me

"You're pretty-"

And I was thinking "yeah, pretty what? pretty funny? cause i'm funny right, even though reagan didn't get my joke"

And I'm waiting for her to finish her sentence, cause she's just looking at me, and I'm just blinking at her..

*blink blink*

"yes?..."

Then she repeats.

And it finally hits me. (finally! you know how slow i am..)

she mean

"You're pretty"

As in, you know.. physical looks! Which made me even more taken aback, not just the sudden randomness of it, but you know.. people don't say that to me.

Parents don't because they're paretns, so even if they did, you can't take them seriously, because they're PARENTS. Friends say it when we're all out and fawning over each other, so its like a social necessity to find something nice to say about how we look. So yeah, I've never had such an unsolicited sudden stunning but terribly flattering compliment.

But my mind was like on auto reject - like..

brain : "ah...ah.. what did she just say? ohh. uh oh..shit. it's a compliment... no response data store in memory! auto reject auto reject!" *alarm alarm*

so yeah... I'm training my brain now. Next time i get a compliment, i'll do the F&F. fight or flee. Except i won't punch the compliment-or la! I'll just smile. And hopefully keep my mouth shut from going like i did today.

'hah?' *blur look*

my social skills need work. it's nice that chandni said that, even though it's not true. she gave me inspiration for blog entries, and maybe even journal entries! hah!

1 comment:

Jay's Brick Blog said...

C'mon, she's got a point. I second her opinion, so you cant deny it!

See you got another admirable quality there, MODESTY.

Dont so paiseh la next time... hahaha.