Monday, April 02, 2007

Mass Colympics - Extreme!

Months of planning and organization built up to this one day, Mass Colympics. Being a yearly sports day of sorts for the communication faculty of Taylor's College that's organized by the PR Sem 3 can lead to comparison every year, so er.. STRESS LA.


I stayed over at Linda's the night before packing goodie bags with Kitty and GrandpaThomas till 3.30 a.m., resulting in serious back pain for the coming weekend. Linda had it worse; her whole living room was stuffed with things for the goodie bags and she probably didn't crash out as soon as she hit the mattress like me.

Two hours after getting some shuteye, I woke up to fill water balloons (2 of which burst before I got to the venue), pack stuff, and make mystery concoctions for the fear factor challenge. A lot of random things were used like salt, biscuits, milk and coffee powder. Hell, I even sacrificed some of my Ribena.

Not long after I got there, I had to rush out with Edmund to buy some extra masking tape for the groups, ciggies for Syafiq, and trash bags. Lesson learnt, 7-eleven is A MOFO RIPOFF. Masking tape sells for 5.50 a roll. Trash bags per pack of 25 sells for 5.00. That's GilaCheeSin for a convenience store, but what to do, rushrushrush.



After I got back, continued lugging pails and pails of water balloons to my station. Back Pain, check. Shoulders rotting away, check.


Beginnings of a crowd


Obstacle course started a bit late, and only half the number of expected teams turned out, but managed alright anyway. Lots of shouting, deliberate confusion by some kacau-ing crew people *CoughTunCough*, and splish-splashing later, the obstacle course finished. Thanks to extra rubbery balloons, not many burst, and quite a few were left over, and before I knew it, a mini water war was waged among the OC crew. I attempted to throw one at Edmund, but like my past attempts at throwing ANYTHING at him, the #(%*@#*!) thing just bounced off him. And splashed at other people's legs.



Obstacle Course Crew - Me, Edmund, Roger, Keri

After that, I switched to photography duty. I stayed in the middle of the thick of the action, in between the paintball jungles and main tents where most people were gathered. The food was a-cookin', the people were a-shootin', and the Eddie was a-clickin'.


Some of the Food Crew hard at work
One of our main selling points was that you'd be able to shoot the lecturers. I mean, you'd be able to play against them. I have to say, the lecturers were a helluva sporting bunch. And bloodthirsty. They whupped students' asses at paintball, by winning 3 out of 4 matches.


Ms. Jenny's one cheerful lecturer.

Paintball was without a doubt, the most popular event there. With rotating teams, I think almost all students of the semesters that turned up to show their support for our event all had a chance to play.


Su and Flo preparing for war


Like I said, the lecturers were damn kau supporting. I think the fact that we had a really cool concept like paintball that was more challenging and awesome helped quite a bit.


Mr. Phua and Mr. Kumar do some kung-fu shizz


Yes, they really are lecturers. :D Phua teaches me Intro to Desktop Publishing, btw; and Jenny teaches Issues in Media Content.


We also managed to get Hitz.fm Cruisers to come. I don't listen to the radio anymore, so I didn't realize that bald dude was popular. But I can see why la :D *drool* Kononnya Serena C. punya male awek.


Hitz.fm DJ Ian/Ean and somebody's iguana



Part of our crew and the Hitz.fm cruisers


Actually half-way through I remembered I was supposed to help Mund do the fear factor, but he seemed to be doing fine on his own, so I left him alone to persuade people to do crazy things. PR maut. Crazy things like put on a bikini and parade around the games.



Cheryl and Beh flaunting the fear factor challege


Cheryl, Edmund, and Beh


It was a hot sunny day, so the Pepsi sold like hotcakes at 20sen a pop. I banged a couple of coins out of Tun because my pockets were full of blades, gadgets, lens cap, tweezers and er. for a while, condoms, but swei- No dosh.
Ash pleading Jeff for a sip. That's MY drink, btw.


And other shots while taking a leisurely stroll towards the dodgeball courts...

War going on


Aina and Ash


And got back in time to see my sem 3 paintball team come out of the paintball court VICTORIOUS! I think this was their only match that they won. Hehehehe.. Someone got shot in the ass... *singsong* Ribena - Drink of the Champions!



Mund, Jing Jing, Carmen and Vven taking a break

While waiting for the finals of Paintball to commence, some of us gathered for a group shot. Ironically, some of the heads, including a now emo-ing Kitty weren't there, but non-crew members popped in. HEhheee. And camwhore around.


Part Group Shot



Syafiq and Amanda having a little fun in between finals


Sunnies Trio can pose and ooze coolness


I lost my sunnies... :(



The lecturers were kick ass bloodthirsty



Ashleigh and Ayna do some cheerleading pose. Damn cool la




The semi-finals match


Kit with Dip. Sem 1 (March) - the paintball champions of 07


After that, we managed to clean most of everything up before the rain started to REALLY come down. Linda and I were drenched by the time we were back in her house. Me with an extra BUMP on my head :( Linda put green gunk on it. Then we passed out on her couch while Hafiz was massaging her feet. and her sister took a VIDEO of us sleeping. And me mumbling things half awake. Bleh.

No comments: