Monday, January 08, 2007

Pool and Guitars are like sex.

Since coming back for the holidays, my sister cannot stop yapping on about bass guitars and strings and the uni band for which she sings backup. Come on la, even I don't talk about cameras that much. It got to the point where I auto tuned her out once she started talking about guitars or when she syok sendiri laugh at videos of her band. Bad enough already I had to endure being dragged around KL going to music shops to check out bass guitars. I blame her band for getting her hooked onto the bass.

Then I went back to Singapore with her, crashed at her hostel, met some of her bandmates, and heard them play.

You know how some girls find musicians to be especially.. I dunno. Attractive? Particularly guitarists. My sister thinks it's because of penis envy. You know, phallic replacement. Not that I particularly wish for a penis, but for me, it's something that's like. A SIGN of better things to come. Okay I will tell you something I once told Chandni that I read from SOMEWHERE that made her laugh her ass off.

Men have sex like how they play pool. Meaning to say, if you're good at pool, chances are you're good laaa. It boils down to technique. Skill. Good aim and precision. Which one am I talking about? God knows.

So when a GOOD guitarist, mind you, not a simply horrible or even mediocre (okay okay, got chance la, mediocre) appears and starts strumming away, you can't help but be enamoured. Even better when they're REAllY GOOD. It shows they're good with their hands see. ;D

Pool and Guitars. So bloody sexual.

Actually it might just be me la. HornnyYuenny lives up to her name once again.

Pics of my sister's band. Peroxide. er. I think. I only met some of them, and not all are in the pics. There was Yee Keat (edit : KIAT), who looks like Chow Sing Chee when he wears glasses, Sham who is a fellow John Mayer fan (and kinda plays like him too) and Kim who we bumped into while in KL. All three are very good guitarists. And are pretty decent looking la. Plus, Sham has really nice eyebrows. Nyehehehe.



P/s : Hey Jie.

JENG JENG JENG!

Hahaha, I'm so faaarrrneee.

No comments: