Friday, December 15, 2006

What does it all mean?

I had a NEW nightmare yesterday.

I'm eating chocolate ice cream by the tub; the type in the blue Walls' container. I'm scooping it into the ceramic mug and slurping it from there. The ice cream starts greying and melting into a cement-like sludge. I don't know why the heck I continue to eat it.

Then as the level of the sludge goes down, it exposes a layer of water. As though it were a mixture of oil and water, the water and some remains of the sludge separate as different particles. I try to scoop the sludge, but the water seems too...well, watery, and the motion from my spoon just causes it to drift away.

Or does it?

There is one moderate size bit of sludge that seems to be moving oddly, almost as if on its own accord. I try to focus and look at it, but it just seems spotty and turn away. After a while I turn back, and the sludge seems different. Bigger, even.

There are things floating in the water now. Things seems to be forming, but I turn away before anything comes into focus.

There are fish.

The sludge doesn't look like a fish; it's grey and spotted, has no fins and no head, but it certainly moves like one. I don't like it. It's ugly.

I look away again. This is starting to be like the horror bathtub scene in The Omen. Scene after scene after scene. No stop, no link, all weird. I turn back just in time to see the sludge eat some other tiny little fish. These fish look like proper guppy teensy fish. At least I think the Sludge is eating them. It sort of forms this black hole and the little fish swim into it, and the hole dissapears. Sort of like Insaniquarium.

The Sludge is definitely growing bigger. Fuck. Not. Good. I really really don't like it. There's a huge bothersome feeling of unease and fear. Scratch that, terror.

I turn away to try to find somebody, run away, anything. But I don't. I turn back and the Sludge has turned into a White Arowana. Don't ask me how I know it's an Arowana even in my sleep. It looks like one.

I do not like the White Arowana either. It's got eyes and the whole deal, I can even distinguish its scales. But for some reason, the Arowana staring at me freaks me out even more than Sludge swallowing little fish into oblivion.

*************

I have no idea why Nimi is suddenly in my dream. At least I think it's Nimi. She's got huge eyes. Okay, maybe she's not Nimi, I'll just call her Mimi.

Mimi is wearing a wig. She's bald. She's qutie pretty bald, by the way.

We're in a shopping mall that looks suspiciously like the center of Bangsar Shopping Mall. But there's suddenly a lot of shops that sell wigs. Oh and necklaces made with oyster shells, but I think that's just me.

I think we pick a wig or something. I have no idea. Because we're suddenly at some railroad track. Or something. It's an open space. I don't know, are YOUR dreams bursting with clarity?

I don't know who I'm with, but I'm guessing it's people I'm familiar with. I don't feel particularly awkward. Then we have to go somewhere, like a factory, farm or IKEA. And the convenient way to get there is by taking this little train thing. It looks like the kiddy motor you go on at Mines Wonderland that travels at like, 1 km per hour.

And then we're picking up speed like nobody's business, and the train ride turns into one of my worst possible nightmares. It's a full fledged roller coaster ride. For real.

I'm screaming my head off, we're turning up, down, 360 degrees, I'm experiencing the worst real terror I've ever felt, there's not one bit of exhiliration, because I have no shit clue about what's going on and ITSNOTSTOPPINGWHYISITNOTSTOPPING????!!!!!!

Then we slow down, and I quickly get off.

And I'm as upset as anything because I'm missing a shoe. I don't know why the hell I'm so upset, because er, it's a SHOE. Maybe because they're my Pink adis. But I go frantically around looking for my shoe, through the tracks, and behind the train there are boxes of missing shoes. They are all Crocs. I particularly remember Pink crocs.

And it ends.

*******

A lot of things freak me out.

Ugly things. Dead things. White Arowana. Maybe even wigs. But for once I've freaked myself out, because I can actually remember these two dreams like I experienced them.

And the freakiest - I really was terrified during the roller coaster. I woke up in a cold sweat.

I don't usually have any dreams at all. Why AROWANA, why CHOCOLATE, WHY MIMI? Why yesterday? Actually I can venture a guess at that, yesterday was the only day in the past few weeks that I've slept without the air-cond, because I was feeling feverish in the afternoon.

I am so. sleeping with the air cond on tonight. Nightmares during the night lead to bad decisions during the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get horrid dreams when I sleep on hot afternoons. I think it's the heat. But you better not have the aircon on too cold when I come back!
What does a White Arowana look like, I've only seen the golden ones.