Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Camerons Trip


A couple of days ago, the family and a couple of aunts and their families plus my grandma took a trip up to the Cameron Highlands. The trip up the hills was horrid because I was sleepy from waking up at 6 a.m. and my mom was grumbling again that I fall asleep whenever I step into the car. For crying out loud, what's there to see?! If you've seen one orang asli hut, you've seen 'em all. And they're not all that ulu, some of them had astro dishes.

With two little tykes in the car, toilet stops were pretty frequent. One of the first stops where the weather was nice and chilly was in Cameron Valley, a tea plantation cafe. I didn't dare go to the washroom there because it was located at the bottom of a very very very steep flight of stairs. So I just took pictures.


Cameron Valley
The place had a smell about it. Daddy said it was the tea leaves. I said it just smelled like car freshner.

GoofyDaddy

When we reached there, I followed my aunt to the check-in counter. I turn to the left side of the lobby, and lo and behold....

POOL TABLES

Gah, I miss.

Pool! at the hotel lobby

There were four hotel rooms for the whole entourage, and I wasn't exactly jumping for joy when I saw the view. My vertigo kicked in full steam.

The hotel room view. *shudder*

The hotel room - Daddy doing accounts

After settling down, we went sightseeing at Cameron's countless farms. I was particularly excited to see flower farms cause...well, they were pretty. And some were wicked.

Dead!

I wanted to bug daddy about buying some flytraps or venus plants, but he caught my look and quickly walked away before I could open my mouth.

I never expected Cameron's to be good for its.. um.. hunting ground potential. I thought I'd just buy plants, enjoy the cold, and sleep in the car a lot. Who knew Cameron Highlands was a place to cuci mata?

No photos la! I'm not THAT stalkerish.. But there was that trio who were milling around when the aunts were buying corn by the load, and one smiled at me. He was wearing a hoodie, y'all. I like.

And when we were at Kea farm, loads of buses were unloading their foreign cargo, and there were more hoodie/jacket wearing boys. And when we were at Tanah Rata eating steam boat, good lord, there were a lot of chap tourists walking around. They were damn friendly, can. ;D

Anyway!

The hotel lobby has a fireplace. Like.. with logs that burn. Yeah, I know, I am damn jakun.

A REAL fireplace

Basically 80% of the whole trip was spent in the car driving from farm to farm; flowers, strawberries, vegetables, bees, whatever. On the second day, we finally went to a different attraction, but probably no less boring. A temple. *sigh*

Sheng doing his hip hop yawn

Daddy, me, Mum

While waiting to check out, the two tykes invaded my hotel room and raided my chocolate supply.

Sheng abducts my coat

uh.. yeaaahhh..

Flooowerrrssss so prettyyyy

Me and the two tykes, Sheng and Yie

And on the way down the new road, we *had* to stop at another tea plantation.

Boring old tea plantation

Camerons wasn't too bad. I bought several plants, which I hope will survive the holidays, and I took lots of flowery pictures. yay! Oh right, and strawberries, but I don't think anybody's going to get any. Unless you drop by my house la, then I'll show you my newest Christmas baby. Which is a whole other post altogether.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy caught your "look"? Haha he knows you too well. Anyway I don't think a flytrap would survive in KL. Too hot. There's a reason you only see them in the nice shady jungles.
*shudders* you're right, vertigo attack.
I think I have a 20-year-old picture of me somewhere in that temple... the decor and the golden lion look familiar. Go back and dig.

Anonymous said...

heh ur cousin is adorable!