Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Bimbo mush

SPM results came out yesterday. The night before, i was totally cool about it. Absolutely couldn't care less, stress less, or excited less. In fact, i stressed more over where to eat after getting results than teh actual results. I mean, I'm already in college, I should bloody well get at least 5 credits, which is the requirements on my conditional offer, so no impact really. But it turned out to be like SPM itself. I wasn't nervous right up to the last minute.

I had daddy pick me up after IMCOMM exams, and he drove me to school. I get there, meet up with Anaz, Lavi, Francine, and Kareen. We hang around the canteen waiting for results there (eeeww, what a great environment, NOT), because the hall is being used for the ABRSM theory exams. (ppfft. thank God that's over with). I expected results to be out at ten a.m., but they took a long time doing the analysis, and results only came at 11.

To be truthful, yeah i was curious about the results, and excited, but really, not nervous. I expected 5as, no more, no less. Before i got the results, my thoughts were

English - I will commit suicide if i get anythign less than a1 for english. I so swear. Guaranteed A.

Eng. Lit - One subject i really wanted to score in because i really loved the subject and had worked my brain off. It would have sucked if I had done badly for a subject i had so enjoyed. Got chance la for A.

BM - credit.. please..credit.. i don't want to have to take Bahasa Kebangsaan in college. Best hope - B4

Add Math - pass.. please pass... puuuhh leeeeeeeese Best hope - C6/5

Math - I have to get an a.. or Daddy will kill me.. A... or i will kill myself as well..because it was so easy..So okay, guaranteed A.

Moral - Oh God, i wish i hadn't written so much for that last essay. I kind of regret skipping all those moral classes now..Okay la, i don't regret it.. Best hope - A2

EST - what a joke subject. Guaranteed A, or there's a conspiracy against me.

History - I can't even tell you how many states there are in M'sia. I have to take a while before remembering that the red and white stripes represent the states. I used to barely scrap through history with marks like 40+. in form three!! (14, by the way. i told you i was slow) Although i am forever grateful to myself for checking the answers from the objective paper - i read the answers for Chinese Exam system. *smirk* Best hope - C5

Physics - I love physics. It's like math. Logic rules. The only science subject that i could score an A consistently in during school exams. Guaranteed A.

Biology - Oh lord, please let me be able to get Pn. Rose to be proud of me..... I actually do like the subject. I just can't answer the questions! Best hope - B3/4 (experiment was pretty easy)

So there. 5 expected A's. then I go to Pn. Nuraini and take the slip from her.

Chan.. Yin Khuan?

Ah? Uh.. No la Cikgu..

*Francine laughing* - No la teacher, Yuen Yee la!

*roll my eyes*

*hands me slip*

woah, a B4.. what's that ah.. oh BM.. right right, count number of A's first. Shit, so many different numbers. look at a's, look at a's... Hm.. one two three .. speed up speed up scan for anomalies.. *scan*

eh.

no anomalies. okay, ten subjects. take away BM for b.. ten minus one = nine.

.....


.....


.....


HOLY CRAPPY SHITTY F***ING COW HELL

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

"Eh. Cool" (brain hasn't caught up with mouth yet. mouth on autopilot, received information from eyes that saw no Cs)

*brain catches up*

*SCREAMS*
*hyperventilate*
*jumps around*
*more SCREAMING*
*hugs*

just so you know, my thinking process happened in a few seconds. maybe a few seconds too long, but what the hey. So yeah. Nine A's. HUGE shocker. especially Add Math. I kept telling people that i scored an A for Add math when i had only ever passed twice in my whole life. Even then i passed by a few measly marks.

I called Daddy first

harlo? daddy ah?

Ah, So how? (note he didn't even say hi, hee hee)

Ah.. i got nine.

Nine?.... ( you can totally hear his silent suprise here) Oh okay, that's good!

Ahh..B fo BM.

How about Add math? (not a suprise question to those who know my nerdy dad)

HAHAAHAHAHH... i got A2.

OH. okay.. good good..

compared to my mom

Halo Mi ah? I got nine

*screams*

hahahah... Then i get a call later from my sis, and she's just as suprised as I am, although Kyle's bro got all A1's or something like that.. But i don't care la cause I exceeded my expectations, and it's a nice feeling. Tra la la la la laaaaaaa! wheeeeee

After celebrating and screaming and jumping around with the rest of them (scored all a's duh) we had a nice time talking to Pn. Many, my physics teacher. Then we lunched at Chilli's in MV, and shopped around for a bit. Phones kept beeping with SMSes and calls from students and relatives, and most of everybody scored pretty well. Don't know anybody who failed, although i did hear about one girl from the lower classes failing BM. major ouch.

So yeah. the excitement has pretty much worn off. Mostly because it was totally luck. well, the extra 4As anyway. So i don't feel like i've earned it because i do know my own standards, and my standards are nowhere near 9As. In fact, the lack of math for the past four months have turned my brain into bimbo mush. So like.. I'm a bimbo! Without the looks.. But I like the delusion that I can be. hahah!!!

*hugs and kisses to all SPM-ers*

peace outtttt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never got to count my string of SPM A's. Must be a great feeling. I only ever got to count UPSR and A levels, and there are only 5 to count so... doesn't really take long.
Yeah you bloody lucked out, didn't you? Hahahaha. A for Add Maths. Sheesh. Pity you're too young to buy lottery leh, hahaha.