Friday, March 31, 2006

Materialistic me

I know how hard it can be to buy birthday presents, especially for girls, because i don't think most girls like practical gifts. they like luxurious pampering pretty gifts. Well, I usually do, anyway. But I'm sick of getting earrings and candles. Because 1. I don't burn the pretty candles, which is a waste, 2. I don't have ear piercings!

I'm turning 18 in a few weeks, and although I don't expect college friends to remember it, much less celebrate it, I do hope for some <3>
And what better way to express affection for weird lovable me than material gifts!

First on my list : Hair curler


I have no idea what brand this one is. I've been eyeing the Phillips one cause it has multiple styles, so in the event i screw up some curls (which i inevitably will) i can always straighten out the mistake. heheheh.. The saying is very true. Girls with straight hair want curly hair, and girls with curly hair want straight hair. I haven't had straight hair since.. form three when the evil hairdresser/butcher chopped my hair into a horrible bob. My traumatized hair has been wavy ever since. But not the defined loose curls I've always wanted.

see, lovely curls!

Next would be make up! HAH! I'm still hunting for good brushes and other colours of eyeshadow. I am still looking for a dark green shade and am going to buy a metallic blue pencil from TNS as soon as i go shopping! I've also read that Body Shop is going to come out with cream colours! yessssss! and that they're being bought over by L'oreal! which means more fun stuff to play with! *cheers*

I don't want this for a present, because I still don't buy original cds. because I Rip it once, and I never touch it again, so originals are a waste on me. I just don't appreciate it enough! But I'm going to be on the pasar malam lookout for the album by Corinne Bailey Rae.


i *heart* her new song, Put Your Records On uber much, and the chorus (which is the only part i can hum) has been playing in my head since i heard it in Edmund's car. If i get a digital copy of her album from a walking kazaa, then I can save 5 ringgit for like, half an hour of pool. heh!

Other than that, I'd like more necklaces. Specifically, bead necklaces. Like the ones i bought in Pyramid that kind of give the whole tribal jungly vibe. Choker beads look gooooooood on me, cause I look malay-ish enough to get people telling me i look sarawakian. How the heck do you look sarawakian anyway..


prettiness.. Yeah, so they don't look much like the one i always wear, but oh well, I like the whole oriental beads thing. :)

and because I'm a dress fan, but i only really have one actual DRESS, I'm in love with urban&co., which sells super nice dresses, but at not so nice prices unless it's the sales.


AHHHH!! I <3!!

But the absolute best present would be a boyfriend *mutter mutter*

HAHAHAH

heck, a flower and sms would make my day. :D

2 comments:

anazthasya said...

your present = dinner at jack's place on the 14th,sleepover at kar's with us!
heck,even the boyfriend part can't beat that present.ha...

Anonymous said...

Gahhh now I want to go Urban and Co and buy their ridiculously girly clothes which I will never wear anyway. The clothes are just so pretty... didn't I get you some bead necklaces last time when I went off to Leo Forum? Anyway you better test the intensity of the Body Shop eyeshadow. They're nice but you have to really layer them.