Thursday, March 16, 2006

exams..fun..exams

Mid sem exams aren't exactly what i expected, i must say. Okay, so I don't know what i expected, but it's certainly a bit suprising. In what way I don't know. I know, I'm confusing myself as well.

Imcomm was pretty okay. Laswell's model was a cinch, and subsequent questions were crap-able, so not too bad, considering i only started studying on Saturday.
MHL was my expected worst. I mean, come on! History?!! But to my absolute suprise it was pretty okay. I'm sure a lot of it was wrong, but there weren't any questions that were left blank, and it was general enough to insert *again* crap.
ICHB was almost enjoyable. I panicked a bit during the essay bit because i wasn't too sure if the tool for self-awareness was the Johari Window, so i chose the effective listenign techniques question. 15 minutes later, and a page essay, i discover i can't remember which type of listenign techniques they want, like, body language or thinking bit?? so i cancel the whole page and start writing all the Johari i can remember. barely finished the Undiscovered self, which i later discover i mixed up, because it's actually the unknown self. Bah...
After ICHB, we had a break before computer theory. So we go play pool. Had fun to the point of forgetting that we actually had exams later. It was terrific to play pool again after the hols. It was horrible to play pool and get my ass kicked by Jay who 'lost his mojo'. We walk into exam late, but just in time for the paper to start. And to my horror, found i could hardly answer any of the questions. Tembak-d 90% of the MCQs, and inserted the crappiest crap in the fill in the blanks section. When i reach the short answers section, i can barely crap for three out of five, and I soooo didn't know what the heck was OLE and VRML. so i left it blank. and went to sleep.

I had like. 35 minutes to sleep for the rest of the exam. i actually planned to rest my eyes a bit and see if anything miraculous popped into my mind, but ended up in Lalaland. Mid way through my nap, i get one of those sudden falling in air feelings, and jolt awake. (barely)

*looks around*

Beh zoning out. Staring in mid air. Chandni scribbling. Grace looking at me and trying not to laugh.

*turns around*

Jay asleep

*goes back to sleep*

today we had our computer practical. It was a bit nervy for me becuase i am absolutely sure i got zero for the theory part, so i needed the practical to balance it. I couldn't make sense of the notes, so i decided that worst come to worst, there is always the little help button...hehehe

Because the exam was only starting at one, Chandni, Tun, Jay, Grace and I had agreed to meet up at Ming Tien restaurant for dim sum at nine. I reached school at eight, and met Thomas, and he asked if he could tag along. Then Chandni decides she's super sleepy when she calls me and says she's not going for breakfast. Then Jay who calls me later, reaches there before us, so he wants to go back home and sleep. I was practically shouting at him to stay off the bus that would take him back to his bed, and he was all "I'm getting on the bus, bye", then the boy hangs up on me!! Then right at that moment, Tun comes to pick us up, and I'm all pissed off because now there are only three of us. Plus, I'm all sulking at Jay because he's not there and none of us know where the restaurant is. It's like an internal mutiny!

@@*%^!!))$()@*$)@ jay all.. abandon us all.. go back to SLEEP all! @&*$(2*&!@* *grumble grumble... give him silent treatment then he know...what call call now la.. THOMAS, ANSWER MY PHONE, I DON'T WANNA TALK TO HIM. ohh look, dim sum..yum...

We find the restaurant (because Jay sms-ed it was next to TOA and pyramid, so yeah, not hard to find) and I feel Bad!!! There is no halal food that i can see that Tun can eat, so Okay la, no big loss anyway, cause its hard to eat dim sum with only three people, no syok la. Then we head to this kopitiam. After ordering, Jay calls. I make Thomas answer cause I'm still sulking. Then it turns out that Jay has a conscience after all because he's at the restaurant and wondering where the heck we are. Laughing my head off, I go and fetch him. And i walk ALLL the way around the block only to find that i cold have just walked straight through. -_-"

So there I am waiting outside the Ming Tien restaurant. So embarassing, because I can't help but stare longingly at the Siu mai on other people's table... *drool*. And I'm wondering , where the heck is he la??!! I call him three times and he's sulking now because he's not picking up my calls! haha! Exasperating man... Then i have to call Tun to call Jay to ask him where he is. I got strange looks from people around me because i might have been a little loud and indignant.. *ahem* FINALLY after Tun telling me to look in the air cond room, I find him there giving me his smirky little grin. As cool as his shuet char. I say....

Then we kidnapped Linda!

No la, I called her and told her we were coming to pick her up in ten minutes. After wailing that she was still in pajamas, we drove up in front of this yellow house, which according to Tun was her house. I'm all like "eh i go press doorbell okay!!" but i chicken out last minute. Thank God, because it turns out that it wasn't her house at all and Tun wanted to trick me into pressing the doorbell!!! finally, we find Linda's house. I go down to bug her about coming with us because she was dilly dallying (funny word that). And the fellas drive off! And I'm standing there in blank shock. I peer out the gate. cannot see them. Peer out some more. Then they come driving back.

*glare*

*flip finger*

When we go to Jay's house, have to wait a while while waiting for him to ensure his room is underwear-free. The we play LIFE! i tell you, i miss that game so much. That and monopoly. We thrashed thomas by ganging up on him and taking away all but one of his LIFE tiles. HAHAHAHAH!! I ended up in third place with 1.5 million.

Then we had lunch in pool, or rather i stole some of Linda's fish and chips. I didn't win a single game......:( Practical was suprisingly easy. mail merge suddenly made sense. the moral of the story? play before exams. HAH!

No comments: