Monday, March 06, 2006

weekend-er

playing on my mind - The Blower's Daughter~Damien Rice

Saturday was spent at the library again. Supposedly to have a study group, but we all know how those turn out. Kit, Tun, Linda and I hung at library talking till Jay came and we all headed to Pyramid for lunch. It's interesting to hang out with guys. We checked out butts, or rather Kit did, and Linda and I criticized his choices. There are so many fat asses out there who are under delusions that they look good in tight thin skirts that show off VPL. UGH!

So later, i was left alone at pyramid.. ALONEEEEE

I will tell you right now, it was not an experience i will ever want to repeat! Tun had to go fetch his bro and Jay followed him. Linda got a ride with Kit who had to leave. So that left me alone. for two hours.

Call me Princess, Call me siu jie. I hate being alone in ANY situation. Paranoia hits me. People who walk past are leering at me, the old man who is waiting for his wife turns into a creepy old pervert, the group of foreign workers who look at me are plotting to kidnap me or mug me. I feel UNSAFE!

So i buy a copy of Seventeen, find a bench and sit in the middle so no one can sit with me, plug my ears with my ZEN, and start reading. veeeeery sloooowwllllyyy.. Now i know why i rarely see women shop alone. It's PATHETIC. nobody shops alone! its almost like..an oxymoron. or a paradox. It's just wrong.

Sunday was much better. Spent the day at Sunway Lagoon with some cousins and family. I told Daddy to go straight past Pyramid to the parking lot where Tun and Kit always park, but why listen to me? I'm only the person who goes there to shop and eat lunch and watch movies there. Nooooooo, instead he has to listen to Mum who obviously remembers very well the last time we went there which was probably a year past ago. So we end up parking at the hotel parking. Then we walk for like 15 minutes to the hotel pool, only to find that the entrance to the wet park is closed, because they've closed the surf pool for renovation. so we walk back, and all the way through Pyramid to the entrance. Half and hour's walk. Imagine that. i could have deprived us of half an hour's of excercise if they had listened to me. How lucky.

Dry park was a bit of a bore for me. I only went on two rides: the snake head thingy and the river rapids. The snake ride is oen where you go up on an agonizingly slow pace and come wooshing down at what must be a 45 degree angle. It's a bit of a rush becuase you float for a milisecond, and there are no seatbelts or anything whatsoever. Just two metal bars at the side that you can feel your hands sliding off when you're going up. so yeah, i have a bruise on my right arm from pressing it so hard against the 'log' when we were flying off. Rapid Rivers was a total let down. the pump-y things that spout water from the top didn't work, so it was essentially a water ride. LAME. Sunway lagoon, you suck! at least the dry park. so many of its rides didn't work. blahhh

the wet park was better. I'm thinking i need a new swimsuit becuase my tankini fit fine, but it seemed to have gone shorter. not smaller, but shorter, which is terribly odd, because i havent grown much since i got the swimsuit. I spent most of the time pushing my seven year old cousin in the float round and round, seeing as how i can't swim. i was hoping to even out the colouring on my chest and arms, but i can't see much of a difference now really. bah, back to wearing tshirts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wheee! The annual trip to Sunway! I can't believe you went on the Snakehead Terror ride. You get so damn wet on that. Plus the agonizingly slow part just keeeelllls me. Genting is so much more fun, and tons scarier...
Don't you know the dangers of suntan, stupid? Don't come crying to me when you're old and wrinkly.