Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pyramid Quest

The girls went on a mission on Wednesday. To hunt down Shoes for linda, Necklace for me, and a Scarf for Chand.

Twas an enjoyable time; Linda's Ish met up with us for a bit, we ate Thai food from the Thai fair, we tried on clothes on bargains, and went to at least 5 shops/stalls/kiosks looking for my choker. Because I couldn't make up my mind.

Anyway. As we were sitting on the benches eating fried sotong and Thai otak-otak, while Linda was going Gaga over 4 inch heels in Vincci, Chand popped the most random question to me.

I was all blinky and stunned for a moment before answering her. When I did, we resumed consuming fried calories and fats, but for a while it got me bothered. Because it felt like I was lying. Because I couldn't give the RIGHT answer. After all this time, you'd think I'd be able to say, "yeah, totally, 100%". But no. Instead I PAUSED. WHY THE HELL DID I PAUSE! I'm not supposed to pause with hesitation. I shouldn't have to think it over! It should be an automated respose by now.

A similar situation popped up in the Boycott place. It was just the boys comprising Kit, Reagan and Thomas, and me. Kit comes up with the game, and it just sort of crops up. My mood goes sour for a moment, I don't know why. Reagan and I exchange looks. He knows what I'm thinking, and thank god they change the topic. Sometimes guys not being especially intuitive is a good thing.

For crying out loud. This is crazy.

No comments: