Monday, October 30, 2006

Prom 2


WALA WEIIII I AM SO PISSED OFF LA OKAY, I JUST SPENT 3 HOURS WRITING PROM 2 POST AND THERE WAS SOME EXPLORER ERROR AND IT ALL DISAPPEARED! MachauHaiLatChauCheeByePukimaPunaniWTFBBQ!!!!

anyway.

Daddy was coming home on his lunch break to fetch me to ParkRoyal, so I had the late morning to pack my necessities and stuff for prom. Unfortunately, I wasted half an hour talking to Lance about the promotion thing. Honestly, this is seriously the last time I do direct selling for such a product. BLLARRGHH!

So it was rush rush rush after hanging up, and to my absolute horror. I found that Ros washed my dress. And it was drying in the driveway. It was dripping wet. I freaked and Ros had to iron it while it was wet and put it under the fan at full blast. By the time I packed it away in a bag, it was still very slightly damp, but I was hoping it would dry by the evening.

Daddy came back, had his maggi lunch, and off we went to ParkRoyal. On the way there, I passed the JWMarriot hotel and THE LOUIS VUITTON boutique! It never loses that gorgeous glow no matter how many times I've seen it. I told Linda about it later, and it is our dream to GO INSIDE THERE ONE DAY. AND PURCHASE SOMETHING.

I was quite a sight to behold as I stepped into the hotel lobby. The bellboy was looking at me quite hopefully, maybe he was hoping for some heavy tipping because I was was holding an LV lookalike paper bag and wearing sunnies on my head. Maybe I looked quite posh :D *coughcoughchokedie* I saw a group of H&T people lounging around the chairs and sofas, but since I hardly know them I didn't want to ask them where the ballroom was. I was debating whether or not to call Linda yet, because THOSE SMART PEOPLE DIDN'T CALL ME WHEN THEY LEFT/ARRIVED but as soon as I took out my phone, the elevator doors opened and taddaaa, Linda, Tun, and Thomas see me. I also see JunRen, so I ask him if he's seen Terrence. Mana tau not yet arrive.

Terrence hadn't arrived yet, so we nipped out for McDs at Sg Wang. I made Linda jaywalk with me because I couldn't/didn'twant to take the overhead bridge. Crossing that road is nuts, but I'd take it over using that crooked bridge anyday.

When Terrence finally arrives much later than all of us, he sets Linda and I to the most spastic task. Putting stickers on chairs and tables for the lucky draw. Which he didn't even use. Ah well. Then had to rush and bug him for a room for the makeover people, but as it turns out the room is teensyteenytiny. So they shift downstairs to the lobby.

The make up people ploughed on the foundation. I noticed brands like Shu Uemura, L'Oreal, and Makeup 21, so slightly rest assured that I wouldn't get cheapo stuff breakout after. I wasn't crazy about the way the lady did my eye makeup though. All over the lid and basically one colour. *yawn* How unoriginal. I can do better. *sneer*

I was rather horrified to find that I had a mild resemblance to a drag queen when we went to the washroom to change, so I frantically rubbed some off. But the best makeover award probably goes to Linda's hair which was quite the sight to behold :D BUT SHE LOOKED VERY NICE ALSO LAR!

Check out Linda's attack on Tun

Tun and Ash give us some man love ;D

The prom itself was only so-so, in my opinion. Not too bad, but not fantastically fun, since it was mainly TCHT event for them. All in all, I had a better time than I expected, considering I wasn't exactly keen on going in the first place. The TCHT lecturer's performance was undoubtedly the highlight of the evening's whole agenda. Who knew that under all those coats and formal demeanor, there were crossdressers and women who could really shake it to PCD's Buttons?

There was free booze, limited to one little ticket-y paper per person. I knocked over Roger's glass but, other than that no harm done. Meaning no drunkness, throwing up or stupidity. After the free beer was finished, some of the council members got some vodka and malts. Interesting taste, but a bit too sweet for my preference. Jenhan got a little something extra for his efforts too :D

The emcees and Mr. JD



Linda's going to KILL me for posting this. But so CUTE lar!

Anyhoo, we initially had plans to go drinking/chilling after the prom, but since Daddy had to fetch me, Lydia, and Chandni back home, I decided to go back earlier so Daddy could sleep. I'm such a filial daughter :DDD

The sleepover at my house is a whole other story altogether. One that probably shouldn't be told at all. HEE!


No comments: