Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cuti-cuti Malaysia

I was suddenly seized to start checking out plans for a Langkawi holiday which I had brought up some time ago to KarBear and Anya. They probably didn't think I was that serious, but I happened to come across this ad by a subsidiary company of AirAsia promoting 3D/2N packages to various locations in Asia. A bit pricey for student budgets, so I went scouring online.

There are a lot of options, considering Langkawi is a pretty small island. First off, there is the question of whether the accomodation should be in the city of Kuah, or Tanjung Rhu, which is reknown for its white sandy beaches.

Since we're in Langkawi, it makes sense to take advantage of the perks and do some duty-free shopping. Of course, not being familiar with Langkawi's geography of retail therapy, I'm assuming most of the worthy duty-free shopping can only be done in the city. And by worthy duty-free shopping, I mean booze. and er.. I dunno. Clothes maybe??

But then staying in city accomodations mean no beach! At least from what I can see in the hotel websites. There aren't many hotels in Kuah that offer water sports facilities, meaning they probably don't have beach access.

And I really really really want a proper one-colour tan so bad.

I dream of lounging on a beach chair on a not-too-sunny day, with hardly a cloud in the sky. I'm soaking up the rays, on my way to a proper roasted tan. I can practically feel myself going brown. I'm wearing my buggy white sunnies, maybe a large straw floppy hat, a tankini, and my rip off crocs are lying on the beach next to me, being haphazardly kicked off. The phone is on silent mode, suxi has more than enough scenery photos, and Zen is rocking my latest emo playlist. My freshly painted toes dig deep into the beach's powdery white sand, feeling the grain against my soles. I breathe in the salty wind and, thinking of tonight's seafood dinner, take a long cold sip at my dripping wet Strawberry margarita.

Yeah man. Get me started on the booze. And it's not even noon yet.



No comments: