Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lets Talk, I mean, rant

I won't even dignify this post with my favourite colour. Ooohh, you picked the wrong day to mess with the wrong girl.

Okay, so yes. You want to talk? Alright, Lets. Talk.

First! Yes, when some of our friends go overseas, we do like to ask each other to bring back a little something for us. I don't see anything horribly indecent or immoral or even anything to raise a fuss about when it comes to that. We don't demand it of each other; we don't expect them to bring back LV bags or platinum jewellery; we don't mind doing it either. Sometimes we're not even serious enough to actually remember that we asked for anything.

I wonder why.

Maybe it's because we're so comfortable with each other that we can joke around and make fun with each other. And that we're such good friends secure enough with each other and our friendship that petty things like this are hardly worth mentioning. I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about here, maybe I should try giving you an example that you can actually relate to.

Nah.

Second! Some things are cheaper and better being bought in other places than you would get locally. Oh, but wait. Why go all the way to Low Yat plaza to buy computers or to Sungai Wang to buy cameras or handphones, when there's a camera shop 5 minutes away, or the local pawn shop to buy a handphone? I mean, reallllyyyyy, who cares about the price or quality of the things you spend money on, right? Who gives a damn whether or not the Thai Silk scarf they sell in KLCC has a hefty price tag that could buy you ten Thai silk scarves from Thailand? Who gives a shit that strawberries in the hypermarket is like, twice the price, and half the freshness of strawberries you can get in Cameron Highlands? And good lord, earrings from Indonesia must be available everywhere else in KL, don't mind the fact that they have different cultures and inspirations that affect their designs. And just in case you *still* don't get it, I'm being sarcastic right now.

Third! I applaud your monetary and financial values. I really do. I think it's honourable that you earn your own money, and you're independent financially. Honestly. But you know what?

Don't put us on a pedestal and force your values down my throat

Go ahead. Call us spoilt, pampered, rich brats, whatever. I'm not going to beat myself up over the fact that I get an allowance and I don't hold an official job. Yes, I don't give money to beggars either; I do think people who want money from me should work for it. But if you think just because I don't have an after school job, I don't earn my money, Buster, you are so wrong. I study hard, not only for myself, but because I think my parents should see some results worth their penny. In return, who am I to argue with them if they want to reward me?

My point is, don't look down on others because you have to work and they don't. We're not all lifeless miscreants who party our life away; we are filial children whose parents can still afford to put us up; and we have decent morals and values. We're not part of your problem, so why should you care?

My friends and I are not as petty to keep count of how much we spend on each other. Anything we buy for each other pretty much evens out between us. Like I said, we're not going on mad shopping sprees. Little things like earrings, er...tom yam paste, and what not, are, in my opinion, the girls' equivalent of guys buying flowers for their girlfriends. I could buy Linda a little statue of a cow that was selling for 10 cents, and I can still say she'd love it. It says "I was thinking of you", and "I thought this might brighten up your day and that you would like it". I dunno la, when you buy stuff for your Significant Other, I sincerely hope you don't ask her to pay you back. If you do, you should probably stop. Of course, I don't expect you to take my advice, because after all, what do I know, right? I'm just some silly little girl who asks my friends to spend money on me.

And since you've already got me started, maybe you could answer what's been puzzling me this whole post. Why do you still bother so much about what we do? You've never met us, only heard about us, and a harsh SMS or two. You've talked to one of our friends, and although he wasn't totally blameless, he's apologized. You seem so intent on chasing us and hounding us after all this time. Please, whatever happened was So 6 months ago. Get over it. We're not bothered about your concerns, we have nothing to do with your property anymore. Maybe some smoke has been blown your way, but then that's too bad for you, if you're being deceived. My girls and I have already discussed it, and who knows, maybe we've been deceived all this while too. But we give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you want to talk about me, go ahead, I'd raise an eyebrow, but whatever. But when you start criticizing me AND my friends, I take it very very personally. Step off, manbitch*.

okay la, so this wasn't really a talk, cause that would require feedback, and a reply, so let's just call it a rant.

Aw man, look, I almost made it through the whole post without swearing. Daymn.
*- originally invented by the sister

No comments: