Saturday, November 25, 2006

Daddy's Girl

I woke up on the wrong side of bed today. And proceeded to have a great day. HEE!

I had a long driving lesson today with Daddy, driving first to Assunta. After doing a couple of rounds around the State area, he told me to get onto the highway and drive to college. So I did, and spent like, 20 minutes, learning how bad I truly am at parking. In that side by side straight parking. Joh, I don't even know what it's called. And there was a moment with a stray cat, but I jammed the brakes in time.

Then after that went to tapau lunch at the market and he kept talking and talking on and on about how to drive properly.

"You see this fella, he is WRONG because this is a one way street, he must not be familiar with the area, so you must learn to watch out for people like this; Nah, you see the guy behind him, he's actually mm ngam (not right), he should give way; like this, he cause chaos. So you see, Yee, you must learn to anticipate all this kind of situations!"

"Nah you see, when I'm turning, I make sure I angle the car so that the WHEEL is aligned properly so when I turn, I don't touch the white line and cross into other people's lane. If not, people CURSE you like HELL!"

"You see, no need to press the yau (oil) wan, I just let it flow! *proceeds to take both hands off the wheel* YOU SEE!"
"DADDY! ARGGHH!!"

"Nah, you see how I do, I swerve slightly out so that I have the angle to TURN, if not very hard for me to make such a tight turn cause NO SPACE! Look, see, got not car, then I TURN; then I GOOOO inside, then I STRAIGHTEN the wheel, then FINISH!"

All this from the market to the house. In the span of 4 minutes. Give or take.

Then I laze around after lunch and finish my game of Plantasia, which took me two days to complete. Wrist bone is painful so am mousing with a pillow :D

After dinner Daddy and I go to pasar malam. The Saturday OUG pasar malam isn't as havoc as Thursday's but I go anyway because I figure it's the only time I'd get fresh air, and because I want my Poo's Ice Cream. Okay okay, don't make fun okay, the sign on the fella's motorised stall really says Poo's Ice Cream. Its not the McD's creamy type serve either. More like the handchurned texture-y type of ice dessert. Whatever it is, I really really missed it. What can I say, childhood nostalgia la.

When we step out of the car, it's already starting to drizzle lightly, but we figure what they hey, it's probably just a passing drizzle. A few minutes past the Assam laksa stall (damn good, by the way), it starts to get heavier. So seek shelter at a coffee shop. Stand wait. Head back to the car. Halfway near the fruit stall,

Eh, not so heavy hor? Want to walk some more?
Walk la!

Then past the satay stall, it starts to downpour. So off to the shelter again. Wait at the shoplots. I stared at this skinny litle girl dressed in Pink Barbie jammies, and she stared back for a while, then inspected the cockroach on the floor with alarming stillness. A lot of other people were waiting for the rain to let up so they could continue with the pasar malam. There was this giggling couple, but upon closer inspection of their facial similarities and the fact that the girl was scolding him in such a young nagging voice probably meant they were siblings. There were other families and couples. Actually A LOT of couples.

Then continue walking. Daddy was hunting for belts, and I take advantage.

Daddy, I want that one!!

And so I have a new belt :D :D :D

Daddy also remembers what I like best about pasar malam

"Eh, where's that ice cream fella hah?"
"Dunno, maybe he die already."

Then I also wanted some satay on the way back. So he gave me a 10 Ringgit bill. I buy, but I kept the change. Nyehehehe.

Tralalala. Right now Daddy is watching his documentary. He finds this one very interesting. It is la, actually. Something about the Forbidden City in China. Quite chun also. They showed a scene of planes bombing China.

*reflex la k* "Oooohh! Pearl Harbour!!!"
"Japan la."

I knew that, okay, I swear. Ter-mix up saja.

P/s: Totally random, but have you seen JoJo's eyebrows? On one hand I think they're quite fantastic, so identical, and moderately thick natural looking, but oh GOD, on the other hand, she should fire her beautician. She looks continually frowning. Or maybe her natural shape is just that way. In which case. sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy's Girl! >P seems like you had a good daddy-daughter day driving around town. Oh I think the parking we learned for driving test is parallel parking. Which is odd, yeah? I swear dad gets a kick out of scaring us by driving hands-free. Eh you very bad leh, daddy bought you a new belt (you only have one waist to wear it on, right?) and you still keep the change? And you keep saying ppl die already, next time they really die then you got no ice cream to eat then you know. Yeah and JoJo looks weird, deffo.

Yuenny said...

At least today's driving lesson was better. Usually he scolds and nags! no la, this parking is the side by side.. like in shopping malls. I really think the ice cream fella die already lo, never hear his ice cream bell for so long.