Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day is an annual holiday dedicated to giving thanks to God at the close of the harvest season. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of november or the 2nd Monday in October, depending on where you are. In Malaysia, I don't know anybody who really celebrates it, much less know what it's about. All I know is that they eat turkey with their families, kind of like the Chinese Tong Yuen fest without the school plays featuring American Indians and pilgrims.

And so I give thanks to people and things that make life worth waking up to.

I give thanks to Daddy for waking me up every single day, even on holidays, when he will set that horrible little alarm, even though I just get up, bang it, and go back to sleep only to wake up hours later.

I give thanks to Mum for giving me luxuries in life, and for buying Jun for me/us.

I give thanks to my sister for making sure I didn't turn out to be a spoilt only child. Instead, I'm a spoilt younger child. Plus, she started me on the basics of being girly.

I give thanks to my KAF because they are my BFF and they are my first stops for everything. I miss them right now even though I'm talking to one, and I just saw the rest yesterday :D They are always always available even when they have exams and it's nice to be able to reach any one of them when you need to.

I give thanks to my college peeps; my BFFs, the BigBrotherKitty, the MaleBestFriend, and the OneWhoWearsPink. I damn sayang you all, even when I'm screaming at you, or whacking you, or scolding you. I'm doing it out of lurve, y'all. I'm very at ease when I'm hanging out with you guys although sometimes I find myself operating at a very high stress level.

I give thanks to whom people whom I know, but don't fall in the above categories,because you're like the little sprinkles on the side of a cake. Basically if I know you, and I like to talk to you online, I <3>

I give thanks to people whom I don't like because you make me appreciate the ones I love even more.


I like tofu btw. Random.

No comments: