Friday, September 01, 2006

Cultural Extra-la. I



Last Saturday on the 26th, I attended the Cultural Extravaganza at Taylors Subang. kononnya la to support Chandni in her performance. I was dying for an excuse to get out of the house and meet up with people outside of the classroom environment. But damn lazy also. Got CTR to finish k..

I didn't want to go alone, and at first it looked like I would pretty much be abandoned by JayMan and ReaganBoy while they looked at chicks as no one else was going. PULL OUT THE LITTLE BLACK BOOK.

No la. I called Francine along. Thank goodness she was free. Yayyy ada cuci mata teman ;D

So while the parentals were in Kuala Selangor hunting fishy bargains, I was making arrangements with FranCanDo. As is usual with girls there was the whole question of what to wear. I was all for wearing a dress because all my jeans and pants were in the wash. But then there's the question of looking tooooooo formal. Ah bugger la, who's going to look anyway.

When I went to Fran's house, I saw her new dog, Keira. Evil nutty dog sniffed up my skirt and made my leg get all yucky wet. Her parents dropped us off at Starbucks, where we chilled for a bit while waiting for the rest. I had my yearly dose of ice blended coffee :d after a..em.. cheerful chat with the barrister/barrista/WAITER LA :D no la no flirting.HEHEHEEHEHE

After a call to Reagan and Jay, I ask Jay to fasterfasterhurryup and come teman us. Tak malu la, sick people all.. And for some reason, Reagan was very excitable. Sound so high. TALK SO LOUD AT ME FOR WHAT i'm not deaf la donk.

The event was in the Multipurpose Hall. You know, Halls should be on the ground floors. Where you don't need to climb any stairs at all. Because, you know.. it's so high up.. so many people, more mass, more pressure on the ground.. not good.. and architects should be considerate of people who have altophobia. >:(

Overall the performances were quite good. Singing wasn't too bad, Ashleigh and two girls from the march intake I think performed Kau Ilhamku and FranCanDo and I were practically swooning in our seats. Musicians. *sigh*

Other notable performances were a chinese traditional instrument. I forget what it's called la. It's like the Chinese version of the harp? The one that you see all the concubines in the palaces always play in the tv series.. eeshk.

sendiri poke ya...

Jay made the most embarassing moment of all night. He shouted out 'Wo Ai Ni' to the performer *just* when everybody went silent. Fran and I had the same flashback to Krys' band solo a few years ago. HEEE!!!

What we do when waiting

We had the most sucky seats in the whole hall. We were surrounded by hooligans i tell you. Hooligans who came to support their homies with all their bling bling. BISING HINGGA MAU TAMPAR. wwoiiisho.

FINALLY we saw what we came for. Chand's performance was quite havoc la. There was hot stuff, pork chops, and umbrellas. -_-' But cool! Blogger is being is owning my ass and wont let me post the rest of the photos, but hehehee you can see them on my laptop. I WENT ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT TO TAKE OKAY! Someone better ask to see them...

We didn't stay for the whole concert. After the Peacock dance by Sunway, we ciao-ed to Asia Cafe for some grub. There's this dessert stall that sells this doughy looking thing called durian pancake. IT IS TO DIE FOR. In the 10 minutes it took for Jay and Reagan to go and order their food, I scarfed two of them down. It's like the little dumpling skin wrapped around durian puree and whipped cream. It's like a little puff of Malaysian goodness. <3

Fruit Juice Roxx - gets me on a camwhore high

blogger making me unhappy. There are many photos waiting for their moment of glory. There will be a price to pay... >:(

1 comment:

Jay's Brick Blog said...

*shrieks!*